1. BLANK FLANGES 250 lbs. Class 125-bolt hole (C115/A21.15)
2. BRASS FITTING FOR TYPE “K” COPPER TUBING ( ALL BRASS FITTINGS TO BE LEAD FREE)
All service lines shall have a minimum diameter of 3/4 inch. 3/4-inch through 2-inch brass fittings conforming to ANSI/AWWA C800 for type “K” soft copper shall be compression fitting on the copper end manufactured by Mueller or approved equal by the Hampden Water District.
A. BRASS MISCELLANEOUS (ALL BRASS FITTINGS TO BE LEAD FREE)Shall be 125 lbs., red brass with iron pipe threads when used for connecting water services. Items included are bushings, couplings, elbows, nipples, plugs, and tees.
B. CORPORATION STOPS (ALL BRASS FITTINGS TO BE LEAD FREE) ¾- inch and 1-inch shall be brass, ball valve type construction with inlet CC thread and compression pack joint on the outlet, heavy patterns, and conforming to AWWA/ANSI C800.
1 1/2-inch and 2-inch shall be brass with inlet iron pipe thread and compression pack joint on the outlet, heavy patterns, and conforming to AWWA/ANSI C800. Manufactured by Mueller or approved equal by Hampden Water District.
C. CURB STOPS (ALL BRASS FITTINGS TO BE LEAD FREE)Shall be brass, ball valve type, or approved equal with compression pack joints on either end. Open left, No drain, heavy patterns, and conforming to AWWA/ANSI C800.Manufactured by Mueller or approved equal by Hampden Water District.
3. COPPER TUBING Shall be type “K” soft copper (ASTM B88).
4. COPPER METER SETTERS Meter setters for ⅝, ⅝ x ¾-inch and ¾-inch meters shall have Ford korner-horns with Ford compression pack joint connections on the inlet and outlet ends. Meter setters for one-inch meters shall have female iron pipe thread connections on the inlet and outlet ends. Two meter gaskets shall be supplied with each horn.
5. DUC LUGS AND TIE BOLTS Tie bolts with hexagonal nuts shall be Star Supply Corp. or approved equal by Hampden Water District.
Duc lug bolts shall be Star Supply Corp. or approved equal by Hampden Water District.
6. FLANGED ADAPTERSFlanged adapter couplings shall have either a ductile iron ASTM A536 or gray iron ASTM A126 body. Bolt circle, bolt size, and spacing shall conform to ANSI 150 lbs. flange drilling. Grade 30 gasket with either a malleable iron ASTM A47 or ductile iron ASTM A536 follower. Anchor studs shall be installed for a minimum working pressure of 125 psi. Bolts and nuts shall be ductile iron ASTM A536, Smith-Blair, or approved equal by Hampden Water District.
7. HYDRANTSShall be compression type conforming to AWWA/ANSI C502. Hydrants approved are Mueller Centurion 250, American AVK 2780 and Waterous Classic Pacer with the following requirements:
1. Break flange construction2. 5 1/4 inch main valve 3. Non self-draining – (drain hole plugged) 4. Two 2 1/2 inch hose nozzles (National Standard Thread) 5. One 4 1/2 inch pumper nozzle (National Standard Thread)6. Inlet connection – mechanical joint 7. Inlet connection size – six inch 8. Direction of opening – Right9. Operating nut – 1 1/2 inch pentagon pattern (National Standard)10. Trench depth – as specified 11. Hydrant color – yellow 12. Packing – “O” ring13. Nozzle cap chains14. Stainless steel nuts and bolts 15. Supplied with mechanical joint accessories, high strength low alloy steel bolts and heavy hexagon nuts conforming to ANSI/AWWA C111/A 21.11.
8. PIPEPipe shall be ductile iron Class 52, double cement lined, bituminous coated.
Ductile iron: (2-inch diameter and larger). Pipe shall be ductile iron centrifugally cast with push-on joints conforming to AWWA/ANSI C151/A21.51. Pipe shall be Class 52, double cement lined and bituminous coated confirming to AWWA/ANSI C104/A21.4. Ten (10) percent of the pipe shall be suitable for field cutting and marked as such.
Plastic: (AWWA) (4-inch to12-inch diameter). Requires District approval before using. Pipe shall be Class 105 meeting the requirements of DR 11. Standard laying lengths shall be 20 feet for all sizes. At least 80 percent of the total footage of pipe of any size shall be furnished in standard lengths. The remaining 15 percent can be random lengths at least 15 feet long. All pipes shall be clearly marked with one-inch letter ‘WATER” at 12-inch intervals two sides 180 degrees apart the entire length.
CTS Plastic Service Lines: (AWWA C901-02) ¾-inch to 2-inch diameter; Pipe shall meet ASTM-D-3035, NSF 14/ AWWA C901-02 Standards. All CTS Plastic pipe from the curb stop to the building must be a minimum of SDR 9 200PSI. Stainless Steel Inserts and no lead compression fittings must be used on all joints. 12 GAUGE TRACER WIRE SHALL BE USED OVER ALL PLASTIC PIPES AND CONNECTED TO METAL SURFACES ON EACH END OF THE PLASTIC PIPING
9. PIPE COUPLINGS Sleeve shall be ductile iron ASTM A536, and shall have smooth inside taper for uniform gasket seating. Gasket shall be grade 30. Follower flanges shall be ductile cast iron ASTM A536. Bolts shall be high strength low alloy steel with heavy, semi-finished hexagon nuts to ANSI/AWWA C111/A21.11 standards. OD range shall be approved by the Hampden Water District. Ford coupling, Smith-Blair coupling or approved equal by the Hampden Water District.
10. PIPE FITTINGSPipe fittings shall have mechanical joint ends conforming to ANSI/AWWA C1/A21.11, double cement lining and bituminous coating conforming to ANSI/AWWA C104.A21.4.
Fittings shall be supplied with mechanical joint accessories unless specified others, with high strength low alloy steel bolts and heavy hexagon nuts conforming to ANSI/AWWA C1121.A21.11.
Long body fittings shall be Class 350 ductile iron confirming to ANSI/AWWA C110/A21.10.
Compact body fittings shall be Class 350 ductile iron confirming to ANSI/AWWA C153/A21.53.
11. REPAIR SLEEVESShall have single band of 304 stainless steel with malleable iron ASTM A47 grade 32510 lugs, grade 30 gasket and high strength low alloy steel bolts with heavy semi-finished hexagon nuts conforming to AWWA/ANSI C111.A.21.11 or 3904 stainless steel bolts and nuts as manufactured by Smith-Blair 226 or approved equal by Hampden Water District.
12. RETAINER GLANDS/ GRIP RINGSMechanical joint retainer glands or Grip Rings shall be heavy duty ductile iron body, UL or FM approved, and shall have a minimum working pressure rating as follows: 4-inch 350 psi 6-inch 350 psi 8-inch or larger 250 psi
Set screws shall be either “Cor-Ten” steel, ductile iron, or approved equal. The number of set screws shall be equal to or greater than the number or nominal diameter of the gland (i.e. four-inch, four sets of screws; six-inch, six sets of screws). Locking rings and megalugs are acceptable replacements for retainer glands, but are not a replacement for thrust blocks.
13. SERVICE BOXES, COVERS, AND RODS Service boxes shall be Erie style with arch pattern, one-inch in diameter, constructed from SC #40 Black Steel, adjustable in length from five feet to six feet, and have 5/8 –diameter stainless steel rod 24-inches in length with heavy brass pins. One-inch caps shall be extra heavy with brass pentagon plug and coarse “rope” thread to fit a one-inch Erie style box. Two-inch caps shall be a #3 cover, cast iron with brass bushing and brass pentagon plug to fit a two-inch Erie style box. All caps shall have the word “WATER” clearly cast in top and be constructed of a magnetic material.
14. SERVICE BOX FOOT PIECE Service box foot pieces shall be cast iron and fit all standard one-inch Erie style service boxes and fit over curb stops larger than one inch.
15. SERVICE SADDLESShall be constructed of ductile iron with epoxy or nylon coating and with stainless steel bands, nuts, and washers. Body casting shall be wrap-around design of high tensile ductile iron conforming to ASTM A536. Gasket shall be of 3 1/2-inch diameter and constructed of Buna-N, grooved to conform to pipe surface and bonded in place for easy installation. Finish shall be NCA-1477 nylon fused coat, 10-12 mils thickness, with approximate dielectric strength of 1,000V/mil or epoxy coated. Ford 202N, Smith-Blair 317 or approved equal by Hampden Water District.
16. TAPPING SLEEVES Mechanical joint tapping sleeve: shall have mechanical joint end seals conforming to AWWA C111, with outlet flange conforming to AWWA C207, class D with ANSI 150 lb. drilling recessed for tapping valve. Tapping sleeve shall fit AWWA standard of 1908, Class AB-CD cast iron pipe. Manufactured by Clow, Mueller, AP Smith, or approved equal. Acceptable for cast iron and ductile iron pipe.
Stainless steel tapping sleeve: shall be 304 stainless steel, outlet flange conforming to AWWA C207Class D, ANSI 150 lb, drilling recessed for tapping valve. Bolts shall be high strength 18-8 stainless steel with heavy hexagon nuts conforming to ANSI/AWWA C111/A21.11.
Gasket material shall be grade 30 or approved equal, and shall have a smooth inside taper for uniform seating. Acceptable for ductile iron pie.
Note 2: All size on size taps require MJ or stainless steel tapping sleeves.
17. TAPPING VALVES Tapping valves shall be epoxy coated with 200 psi working pressure, non-rising stem, “O” ring, open right flanged end conforming to AWWA C207, Class D, ANSI 150 lb. drilling, mechanical joint end conforming to AWWA C111, two-inch ductile iron operating nut with stainless steel bolt, metropolitan design conforming to AWWA C500 or resilient seated gate valve conforming to ANSI/AWWA C509, manufactured by Waterous Series 500, American Darling CRS 80, Mueller A2360, or approved equal.
Tapping valves shall be supplied with mechanical joint accessories, high strength low alloy steel bolts, and heavy hexagon nuts conforming to ANSI/AWWA C111.A21.11.
Tapping valves seal plates and bonnets shall have either all silicone bronze or 316 stainless steel bolts and nuts.
18. VALVES Valves shall be epoxy coated and supplied with mechanical joint accessories, high strength alloy steel bolts and heavy hexagon nuts conforming to ANSI/AWWA C111.A21.11.
Valve seal plate and bonnet shall have either all silicone bronze or 316 stainless steel bolts and nuts.
Butterfly Valve: (16 inch diameter and larger). Shall be 200 psi working pressure, open right, mechanical joint ends, non-rising stem, two-inch ductile iron operating nut with stainless steel bolt, conforming to AWWA/ANSI C504. Manufactured by Allis-Chalmers, Clow, Dresser, Mueller, or Pratt.
Gate Valve: (12-inch diameter and larger). Shall be 200 psi working pressure, non-rising stem, “O” ring, open right, mechanical joint, two-inch ductile iron operating nut with stainless steel bolt, either compound slide wedge mechanism metropolitan design conforming to ANSI/AWWA C500, or resilient seated gate valve conforming to ANSI/AWWA C509, manufactured by Waterous Series 500, American-Darling CRS 80, Mueller A2360, or approved equal by Hampden Water District.
19. VALVE BOXESShall be cast iron, manufactured in North America, two piece, sliding type with a flange top section, no inside stops, and an outside shaft diameter of six inches. Bottom section shall be belled base. Length of top section shall be a minimum of 24-inches. Middle and bottom section length as needed. Boxes shall have the word “WATER” clearly cast into the cover.